Finnish Pioneer Park
The purpose of the Cokato Finnish-American
Historical Society is to preserve the history
of the Finnish pioneers and others who settled in this area of
- Log Cabin – Built in 1866, this 10′ x 12′ cabin was home to 15+ people one winter.
- Savu Sauna – Built in 1868, acclaimed to be the oldest sauna in North America.
- Temperance Hall – One of the oldest functioning temperance halls, built about 1896.
- Lee School house – Opened in 1899 and originally located in French Lake Township.
- Pioneer Memorial – Erected July 1949 in memory of the Finnish pioneers.